Reitz High School

Reitz High School
Evansville, IN

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year

My Mowing Outfit
I hope everyone had a great summer.  It sure seems like they go faster every year.  I took a break from blogging, presented at our local eLearning conference, took a trip to Myrtle Beach with my family, did some model railroading and mowed a lot of grass.  I started the season with five yards and now have 18, not including my own.  It is crazy.  For a few more weeks I will be a mowing fool after school.  



Presenting at eRev2014 with Colleagues
By now, all school corporations in Indiana are back in session.  Today, we are starting our fourth week back.  I am pretty much back in full swing.  This year I am providing support and PD for a high school, two middle schools, and four elementary schools.  Our corporation is now 1:1 in 5th-12th grades.  Many of our 3rd and 4th graders have netbook carts and the 1st and 2nd graders are using a cart of iPad minis.  I am very excited about the possibilities this year.

The Pirate Show at Myrtle Beach


This is not my first post of this school year.  If you missed it, last week I wrote a short post about using Flubaroo with the new version of sheets in Google Apps.  If you are a Flubaroo user, check it out.  Many things have changed in Google Forms and the scripts/add-ons that you can install.




My View at Myrtle Beach


I plan to continue writing at least one post a week this year, so please check in an see what is happening.  Over the Labor Day Weekend, I watched Dead Poets Society.  I had not seen it since I student taught 23 years ago.  I remember that the movie inspired me at the time and has again.  I plan to reflect on it in my next post.  I hope you will take a look at it!  It is going to be an awesome year!





My Modeling of the CSX Railroad

No comments:

Post a Comment